September 17–18, 2016
Tell your friends:
90th Anniversary Concert Season
Tickets for 90th Anniversary Season concerts will be available to the public in August 2016. Don’t want to wait? Subscribe today to secure your seats!
Renewing subscribers click here
New subscribers click here
Season Preview: Sample the excitement of the 90th Anniversary Concert Season in this exclusive video.
Filled with works created by the biggest names in music composition, Masterworks brings the best soloists and music to Springs audiences. Sponsored by El Pomar Foundation, the series includes the following performances.
- Symphonic Dances September 17-18, 2016
- Citizen Without a Country October 22-23, 2016
- The Great November 12-13, 2016
- Beethoven and Tchaikovsky January 21-22, 2017
- Peer Gynt March 18-19, 2017
- Mahler 6 April 22-23, 2017
- Carmina Burana May 20-21, 2017
The Philharmonic Pops aims to entertain with symphonic interpretations of the 20th century’s favorite icons. The series includes the following performances.
- Paul McCartney: Live and Let Die September 23-24, 2016
- Star Trek: The Final Frontier October 28-29, 2016
- Divas of the 60’s February 10-11, 2017
- 007: The Music of James Bond March 3-4, 2017
- Swing, Swing, Swing! March 31 and April 1, 2017
- Texas Tenors May 5-6, 2017
Sponsored by Al and Leigh Buettner, each Vanguard concert uses acting, film, and more to reveal the soul of a work and its composer—and that’s only the first half. After intermission, the concert features each work in its full, unabridged glory. The series includes the following performances.
- Tchaikovsky: Francesca da Rimini October 15, 2016
- Dvořák: New World Symphony March 11, 2017
- Hindemith: Mathis der Maler April 15, 2017
Sponsored by Penrose-St. Francis Health Services, the Philharmonic holiday concerts evoke the spirit of the season through beloved music.
- The Nutcracker November 25-26, 2016 at 7:00 pm and November 26-27 at 2:00 pm
- Christmas Symphony December 18, 2016
- New Year’s Eve December 31, 2016
Unless noted, Colorado Springs Philharmonic concerts are performed at 7:30 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 2:30 pm on Sundays at the Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts. Programs, artists, dates, and venues subject to change without notice. Terms can be viewed here.