December 21, 2014
Tell your friends:
Recently, Colorado Springs Philharmonic concerts have been sell-out, blockbuster performances that thousands have enjoyed. The 2014-15 season is our best yet. Along with an appearance by violin superstar Joshua Bell, the season includes magnificent Masterworks, newly-added Friday night Pops, and a continuation of our engaging Vanguard Beyond the Score™ performances. Subscribe today.
New subscribers save 50%!
Call the Philharmonic offices at 719-575-9632 to subscribe to the 2014-15 concert season. Subscriptions for the 2015-16 concert season will be available starting January 24, 2015 at 8:00 pm.
El Pomar Foundation Masterworks
Filled with works created by the biggest names in music composition, Masterworks brings the best soloists and music to audiences. Sponsored by El Pomar Foundation, the series includes the following performances.
- The Red Violin September 20-21, 2014
- Brahms’ First Piano Concerto October 25-26, 2014
- Beethoven and Bruckner November 15-16, 2014
- Boléro January 24-25, 2015
- Tosca February 21-22, 2015
- Brahms 1 April 18-19, 2015
- Rite of Spring May 16-17, 2015
Now with added Friday night performances! The series includes the following performances.
- Cirque Musica September 26-27, 2014
- Wicked Divas October 31–November 1, 2014
- Sea to Shining Sea January 9-10, 2015
- Cheyenne Jackson: American Songbook February 6-7, 2015
- Music of The Who March 6-7, 2015
- Disney Fantasia May 8-9, 2015
Each Vanguard concert uses acting, film, and more to reveal the soul of a work and its composer—and that’s only the first half. After intermission, the concert features each work in its full, unabridged glory. The series includes the following performances.
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4 October 11, 2014
- Mozart: Requiem March 14, 2015
- Bartók: The Miraculous Mandarin April 25, 2015
Holiday and Special Events
The following concerts are available individually at a discount to subscribers, who also receive priority seating.
- Joshua Bell February 26, 2015
- The Nutcracker November 28-29, 2014 at 7:00 pm and November 29-30 at 2:00 pm
- Christmas Symphony December 21, 2014
- New Year’s Eve December 31, 2014
The 2014-15 season is sponsored by:
El Pomar Foundation
The Mary K. Chapman Foundation
The Mining Exchange: A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Unless noted, Colorado Springs Philharmonic concerts are performed at 8:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 2:30 pm on Sundays at the Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts. Programs, artists, dates, and venues subject to change without notice. Terms can be viewed here.