This season’s concerts represent the finest, most energized performances available from our outrageously gifted musicians. The center attraction of the season is a ten-concert, six-week festival dedicated to Leonard Bernstein on his 100th Birthday. The Best of All Possible Worlds begins with Bernstein’s joyous First Symphony and ends with a live cinema presentation of West Side Story.
We’re also delighted that the Al and Leigh Buettner Vanguard Performances will take up residence at the brand new Ent Center for the Arts. You are invited to be the first audience to enjoy innovative performances in its intimate and acoustically perfected concert hall.
The Philharmonic Pops has the most entertaining performances, with something for every taste and appetite. Broadway classics from Rodgers and Hammerstein are on tap, as well as hits from Fleetwood Mac and cinematic legend John Williams. For now more than ninety years, the Colorado Springs Philharmonic has been a musical ambassador and cultural citizen serving our community with beautiful music.
To view the online version of our 2017-18 Season Brochure click HERE.
Filled with works created by the biggest names in music composition, Masterworks brings the best soloists and music to Springs audiences. Sponsored by El Pomar Foundation, the series includes the following performances.
- Lise de la Salle Plays Chopin September 16-17, 2017
- Tchaikovsky 5 October 21-22, 2017
- Victory: Life After World War II November 11-12, 2017
- Bernstein No. 1 January 27-28, 2018
- Bernstein and Sibelius February 24-25, 2018
- Ravel: La Valse April 7-8, 2018
- Roman Festivals May 19-20, 2018
The Philharmonic Pops aims to entertain with symphonic interpretations of the 20th century’s favorite icons. The series includes the following performances.
- Some Enchanted Evening: Rodgers and Hammerstein September 22-23, 2017
- Mr. Adventure: The Music of John Williams October 27-28, 2017
- Bernstein: On Stage and Screen February 9-10, 2018
- West Side Story March 2-3, 2018
- America April 13-14, 2018
- Landslide: The Music of Fleetwood Mac May 4-5, 2018
Sponsored by Al and Leigh Buettner, each Vanguard concert uses acting, film, and more to reveal the soul of a work and its composer—and that’s only the first half. After intermission, the concert features each work in its full, unabridged glory. The series includes the following performances.
- Bernstein Serenade February 17-18, 2018
- Beethoven 5 March 24-25, 2018
- Mozart Piano Concerto No. 27 April 21-22, 2018
Sponsored by Penrose-St. Francis Health Services, the Philharmonic holiday concerts evoke the spirit of the season through beloved music.