The Colorado Springs Philharmonic invites university students and recent graduates to apply for the following internships. No compensation is offered, but requirements for academic credit are happily accommodated. Candidates are evaluated on a rolling basis, with flexible start dates for fall, spring, and summer internships.
Questions? Ready to apply? Email the internship administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Skill set: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideal candidates will be in their junior/senior years majoring in Communications/Public Relations, Journalism, or Marketing.
- What you’ll do: Get a hands-on introduction to the business of public relations and marketing communications. Work with supervisors on projects such as creating press lists, drafting media advisories, pitch letters, and releases, researching and analyzing targeted markets, measuring public relations impact and reach, event planning, social media strategy, video production, and other duties as assigned.
- What you’ll learn: Gain experience in media relations, content creation, video production, event planning, market research and analysis, community relations, brand strategy and marketing communications.
- Time commitment: 15 hours a week minimum, including concert nights
- Application requirements: Résumé, cover letter, related academic coursework, two writing samples