Gifts of Stock

Donating stock or mutual funds protects the future of music.

You can make a gift of appreciated securities — publicly traded stocks, bonds and mutual fund shares — to the Colorado Springs Philharmonic while avoiding capital gains tax, diversifying your portfolio and/or securing a stream of income. It’s easy to do – simply fill out this form to get started!

For personal assistance, contact us at (719) 575-9632 or

How it works

  1. You transfer appreciated securities to the Colorado Springs Philharmonic.
  2. The Philharmonic sells the securities and uses the proceeds to fund its year-round mission of music and service.


  • Receive credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value (average high and low prices on the day of the transfer).
  • Receive acknowledgement as a donor, plus all customary benefits offered to donors.
  • Avoid capital gains tax.

Please note that the securities you use to make your gift must have been held by you for more than one year to be fully deductible.


  • Contact the Philharmonic’s development team via our online form or by calling 719-575-9632.
  • Draft a letter to your broker providing instructions for the stock transfer.
  • Follow the following stock transfer instructions:

Account name: Colorado Springs Philharmonic (Tax ID # 74-3091110)
Account number:  087-731072
DTC Number:  0226
Winston Crowley
UMB Financial Services, Inc.
1670 Broadway
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 839-2226

Mutual Funds

  • For mutual funds, we kindly ask that you or your broker contact us first so we can research and be sure these funds will be accepted into our account.
  • Draft a letter to your broker providing instructions.
  • Mutual fund transfers usually take longer to transfer. The Philharmonic may even need to create an account with the mutual fund company before the transfer can occur.