Gifts of Stock
Donating stock or mutual funds protects the future of music.
You can make a gift of appreciated securities — publicly traded stocks, bonds and mutual fund shares — to the Colorado Springs Philharmonic while avoiding capital gains tax, diversifying your portfolio and/or securing a stream of income. It’s easy to do – simply fill out this form to get started!
For personal assistance, contact us at (719) 575-9632 or email@example.com.
How it works
- You transfer appreciated securities to the Colorado Springs Philharmonic.
- The Philharmonic sells the securities and uses the proceeds to fund its year-round mission of music and service.
- Receive credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value (average high and low prices on the day of the transfer).
- Receive acknowledgement as a donor, plus all customary benefits offered to donors.
- Avoid capital gains tax.
Please note that the securities you use to make your gift must have been held by you for more than one year to be fully deductible.
- Contact the Philharmonic’s development team via our online form or by calling 719-575-9632.
- Draft a letter to your broker providing instructions for the stock transfer.
- Follow the following stock transfer instructions:
Account name: Colorado Springs Philharmonic (Tax ID # 74-3091110)
Account number: 320-109074
DTC Number: 0015
121 S Tejon St., Suite 700
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- For mutual funds, we kindly ask that you or your broker contact us first so we can research and be sure these funds will be accepted into our account.
- Draft a letter to your broker providing instructions.
- Mutual fund transfers usually take longer to transfer. The Philharmonic may even need to create an account with the mutual fund company before the transfer can occur.